Con la tecnología de Blogger.

viernes, 26 de octubre de 2012

The game plan

Alright, so now that I got the introductions out of the way I will I guess... Start blogging? Sure, why not. Basically I wanted to write a post mostly to remind myself what the game plan is. Firstly, I think I should mention that I am currently getting my M.A. (last semester and about to write my dissertation) in film studies.This of course pus a damper in my writing seeing as I have to focus on that to get the darn diploma I so want. Why do I want this diploma so badly? Because I have been a scholar my entire life. My mother always has to mention this story of when I was a baby (think 2-3) and someone gifted me a backpack. She says I would put that darn thing on every single day in the morning and watch as the kids got picked up or driven to school. I sat by my window contemplating them (I'd get descriptive about it but I honestly don't remember this happening) and she says I would say with a sigh "do I get to go to school yet?". She also always follows that up by mentioning that the first day of school she cried (me, her first daughter and eldest child was going to be gone from her sight for over an hour) and I told her not to cry and waved good bye. That I do remember.

Oh yes, I'd be lying if I said I didn't need this diploma to make some good money too. I am not that silly to think that I can simply drop my entire life and hide away in my room and write until I make it. I sort of wish I could but to be honest... I cannot. So, that cuts off my time to write but that has never stopped me before and it won't stop me now. Except ow I actually need to get a game plan going, some places to send my writing to hoping someone will find them good enough... Eventually I want to try my hand at some literary contests. I have my mind set on a particular one but I don't want to let all the cards in my hand show. Partly because I am scared that if I say it I'll never do it and partly because I want it to be a surprise. Only two people other than me know about it so... hopefully it'll happen. It won't be soon but it'll happen.

Now, I know this isn't the most incredible game plan ever written but it's something and hopefully it will pay off.

Oh! I forgot to mention... I do plan to sample some of my writing here, eventually. Sometimes I write little things that I just come up with and they'll be tagged accordingly. Usually these things don't make it anywhere in my stories but hey, why not, right?

Finally, I am working on following some blogs of authors and writers trying to get published if you're one of those blogs and would like for me to follow you please let me know!

M.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario