Con la tecnología de Blogger.

miércoles, 24 de octubre de 2012

Who are you and what is this place?

Well hello there, I guess if you're reading this you are new here and want to know who I am and what this is about. I hope to somewhat answer your concerns in a few lines here.

My name is Monica but most people call me Mooni (yes, double "o" as in moo, just like the sound a cow makes) and I am a 25 year old writer currently living in Caracas, Venezuela. Seeing as this is pretty vague and cliché I will go into more about me and who I am.

I started writing ever since I could write my own name. Story telling came much sooner to me in life but writing definitely since I was about 4-5. I have never really stopped writing silly things here and there since then... Of course more serious writing occurred a bit later in life and I was published for the first (and only time) when I was 12 years old. Oddly enough, after being published I stopped actively trying to write and let that be my one and only little glory. Many teachers throughout the years have encouraged my writing and yet I refused to let myself hope for anything to come of those compliments. I know it sounds stupid but I was a particularly stupid teenager and, later in life, I seemed to have turned into a particularly scared adult. That scared part I am still working on...

Scared of what, you may ask yourself. Well... scared of failing. I never wrote again because I was scared of failing. I mean, sure I was complimented by teachers but what made me special? What makes me able to succeed while many others don't? They have talent (I am still working on admitting I do too) and they have drive and yet not all make it in the end. So why me? What could I possibly offer the world that many others have not? Truth is I don't know the answer to those things and I don't know if I will ever actually succeed at this... But! There is one thing I do know and that is that I've never been happier in my life than when I've been writing.

Writing was my escape, writing has been my way of communicating with the world and, as someone with the inability to fully vocalize her own emotions, the one true way I've been able to let people know how I feel. It is my one true way of describing the inner world I live in and it is the most wonderful thing I could offer the world.

So, this is my journey. My journey toward trying to get published, my journey trying to come to terms with accepting that I am putting myself out there and knowing I want to succeed doing this for the rest of my life.

One can't live their life always being scared...

M. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario